Job Reference: DAWASTE1
Salary: £13-13.50 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Proven practical skills or on completion of a Skills Test
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our client based in Basildon is currently looking for skilled Ro-Ro drivers to join their team.
Duties include collection of skips from various locations around Essex, must be experienced Class 2 driver with skip and roll on roll off experience.
You will be completing all tasks and duties required for driving around the local area, picking up waste material.
Tasks and duties will include:
carrying out daily vehicle checks, making sure that the load is correctly placed and is secure, driving vehicles to their destination and unloading according to site requirements, collecting all necessary paperwork. Carrying out daily vehicle inspections, filling in defect records for the vehicle if required.
HGV Class 2 licence
Digi tacho card.
Have a good knowledge of local area
Perks of working with The Best Connection:
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- LCC drivers welcome
- Very flexible
- Competetive rates of pay
- 24 hour on call number
- Open office, always welcome to come and see us!
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
Hours of work are 07:30- 17.00 Monday to Friday, with some Saturdays
Immediate start for the successful applicant.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Own transport required
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided